We take great care to ensure the items you hire are in good order. All our items are packaged carefully before being dispatched. There are some items that are fragile and, once in your care, it is your responsibility to ensure they are returned to Something Borrowed in good condition, with no shortages, damage free and packaged using the original packaging.
- There is a minimum £150 damage deposit fee payable by cheque 21 days before your event date. This cheque will not be cashed and will be returned once all goods are checked into our headquarters without shortages and free from damage.
- We aim to return your cheque to you 5 working days after return of hired items.
- We aim to inform you of any shortage or damage – and relevant charges – within 72hrs of hired items’ return.
- We publish a ‘cost replacement list. Any shortage or damage charges will be deducted from the deposit cheque.
- Depending on the value of your order, we ask for a minimum 25% deposit to secure your booking. This deposit is non- refundable if you cancel. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, PayPal or bank transfer.
- The balance is payable no later than 28 days prior to the date of hire. We accept cash, bank transfer, pay pal or cheque.
- Cancellation within 28 days of your event incurs 100% of hire costs. Cancellation within 45 days incurs 50% of hire costs.
- Requests for additional items added to the order once the final balance is paid will be accommodated where possible however we cannot guarantee the items will be available.
- We regret that your order may not be reduced after final payment.
- We ensure all chair covers and linens are laundered and pressed prior to fitting. Accidental staining such as food & drink is acceptable. Any staining that is considered unacceptable, i.e. tears/rips, cigarette burns, ink or wax will result in a deduction from the damage deposit cheque.
Something Borrowed aim to fulfill your order with high levels of customer care and professionalism at all times.
- For venue décor accessories, props and China, the hire period is up to 3 days to accommodate the collection of hired items the day before your event and return of items the day after your event. Where possible we will be flexible and will always try our best to fit in with your plans.
- For orders in excess of £200, delivery and collection within a 20-mile radius of B73 are free. For orders below £200, we may charge 50p per mile.
- For orders outside of a 20-mile radius, we will charge 50p per mile for additional mileage. This mileage charge may be significantly discounted when the total hire value is in excess of £450. Where possible we will always aim to work with your budget.
- We will always try and accommodate orders below £200 but this may be more difficult in busy periods. Whenever possible we will allow you to hire goods below this amount on a collect and return basis only.
- Crockery items must be packed safely in their original packaging and if a washing up service is booked we ask that the items are carefully wiped/scraped and that sugar bowls and teapots/ coffee pots are thoroughly emptied.
- If washing the crockery yourselves you agree not to use a dishwasher.
- For crockery and prop hire a dress up/ down service is available. For this service, we will deliver the items hired to your venue, unpack and set out the items hired to you. After the event, we will check off all items before removing and packing away.For this service, we offer a consultation beforehand which will include a visit to the venue. Price for this service is on application.Prices quoted at time of booking and upon receipt of the deposit will be honoured for the date of the event.
Something Borrowed takes no responsibility in the event of any injury or circumstantial loss to any party through unforeseeable delays and/or cancellation, breakage of any equipment or any other accident during the hire period. We recommend the hirer takes out their own Insurance to cover such events.